JAMB Releases Results Of 11,161 Out Of 96,838 Candidates Scheduled For June 28 Mop-Up UTME

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released the results of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) mop-up examination conducted on Saturday, June 28, 2025.

Out of the 96,838 candidates scheduled to take the exam, only 11,161 who were present have had their results released. The Board, however, noted that several candidates were unable to access their results due to non-compliance with result-checking instructions.

In a press release signed by JAMB’s Public Communication Adviser, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, the examination body said that candidates who have not received their results failed to follow the official directive to send “UTMERESULT” as a single-word text message to 55019 or 66019, using the same phone number used during UTME registration.

JAMB urged affected candidates to ensure they comply with the stated procedure to access their results successfully.

The examination body conducted a nationwide mop-up Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) on Saturday, June 28, 2025. The exercise was designed to accommodate 96,838 candidates who, for various reasons, were unable to participate in the main UTME or its rescheduled sessions earlier in the year.

According to JAMB, the mop-up exam targeted three categories of candidates: 5,096 spill-over candidates with unresolved technical issues, those who failed biometric verification during the main UTME, and a staggering 91,742 candidates who were absent from both the main and resit exams.

The Board emphasized that this was a one-time opportunity and urged eligible candidates to take it seriously.

However, the mop-up exercise was marred by an unprecedented absentee rate, with over 85,000 candidates failing to show up. JAMB Registrar Prof. Ishaq Oloyede attributed the low turnout to the board’s intensified crackdown on impersonation and examination malpractice.

Working closely with the DSS, Police, and NSCDC, JAMB had uncovered widespread fraud involving syndicates of tutorial centres, private school proprietors, and even undergraduate impersonators. Many of the absentees were believed to have registered fraudulently and stayed away for fear of arrest.

The board also revealed that 113 Computer-Based Test (CBT) centres were delisted for various infractions, including technical sabotage and aiding impersonation. Some examination towns were deactivated entirely, and affected candidates were reassigned to nearby centres.

In a particularly alarming twist, JAMB disclosed that over 1,700 candidates falsely claimed to be albinos in an attempt to bypass the board’s AI-powered facial recognition system, which treats albino candidates differently due to pigmentation sensitivity.

The board confirmed that fewer than 250 of those claims were genuine.

Despite the challenges, JAMB reaffirmed its commitment to transparency, fairness, and zero tolerance for malpractice.

The mop-up exam, it said, was not only a second chance for genuine candidates but also a strategic move to flush out impersonators and restore credibility to the admissions process.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *